Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When did the first semester end?

All my time seems to be getting away from me when it comes to updating this particular blog. Sorry about that!

I will be heading home for the holidays on Friday and, after finishing my color and design review this morning, I only have 1 assignment left. Which is my one shot scene of me as a six year old. Its..getting there...but it WILL be done!

Other than that,

I saw Princess and the Frog.


Critical review: For a return to animation it was a success. There were some parts where the animation looked a bit awkward and times when it was obvious some cgi cheats weren't used very well. But overall the character animation was pretty darn good. And, although it would have been nice to see a little more of the Villian and the "fairy Godmother", the story still seemed pretty solid to me.

Not-so-critical review: OMG. I love this movie. The is probably the only Disney soundtrack that I can listen to the ENTIRE thing. I loved the characters. Tiana is great, Naveen, Charlotte and Louis are hilarious. Everything about Facilier is AMAZING as with Mama Odie and Juju. and Ray was my favorite character. I love this movie.

I got to see the film at Walt Disney Animation studios as well, which was an unbelievably magical experience. When I get a chance, I will have to write more on the subject.

No comments: